TACTICAL FIREARMS TRAINING
For the intermediate to advanced shooter, we offer tactical firearms training to build upon your tactical skills.
This course covers a variety of drills and exercises designed to enhance your tactical skills and mental aptitude in the event of a firefight. During live-fire drills, paper silhouette targets are only used for shot placement and perfecting accuracy. This course goes deeper into understanding "Stopping Power" or more importantly "Shot Placement", proper ammunition and the ballistic effects of the type of ammunition you use on the target. Fresh meat and ballistic gelatin is used to study the effects of the ammunition on the target to include: entrance / exit wounds, wound channel, organ damage, etc.
We will examine the ballistic effects of the ammunition on the target to help determine the best and most effective loads to use.
This Course Covers:
- Firearm Safety Rules
- Firearm Systems
- Holster Systems
- Body Armor and Various types of body armor & plate carriers
- Firearm Retention
- Knowing Your Surroundings
- Drawing From Concealment
- Going to the Ground
- Stopping Power vs. Shot Placement.
- Shooting from Executive Protection formations.
- Secondary Weapons
- Injured Shooter (Weak Hand Drills), Shoulder, Hand, & Arm
- The Four Part Draw
- Weapon Handling and Manipulation (Gross Motor Skills)
- Magazine Changes
- Malfunction Drills
- Ballistics on raw meat targets (Turkey, Pork Shoulder).
- Ballistics on Ballistic Gelatin. Ballistic Test of Ammunition.
- Engaging Targets from various Ranges
- Moving off the X
- Shooting while Protecting the Principal (Solo Detail)
- Engaging Multiple Threats
- Breaking Your Tunnel Vision
- Flash sight picture vs. perfect sight alignment
- Advanced Weapons Techniques.
- Rifle and Shotgun Techniques (If Time Allows)
- Effects of handgun ammunition on body armor& kinetic energy transfer
WANT TO KNOW HOW YOUR SELF DEFENSE AMMO PERFORMS?
NO PAPER SILHOUETTE TARGETS HERE
Using "Real" targets for realistic training and wound analysis
THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS.
This is an intermediate to advanced course in tactical firearms training. Students attending this course is expected to know the basic fundamentals of firearm handling, firearm and range safety rules, firearm breakdown (field strip), weapon malfunction management and cleaning.
What To Bring With You
Personal Firearm (Semi-Auto Pistol) Chambered for 9mm, 40cal or 45cal.
Target Ammunition: 150 Rounds (3 boxes) of Ball Ammo and (1 Box) of
Self Defense Ammunition: Hollow-Points, Glaser, RIP, etc.
Holster (Outside Hip) (No Shoulder Rigs, or Inside Pants)
Eye and Ear Protection
Your Firearm: We highly recommend that you use your personal firearm that you will use when working on duty. You should already be familiar with the firearm and ready to put into operation.
Your Ammunition: Target Ammunition should be "Ball Ammunition" only. Target ammunition will be used on paper silhouette targets for shot placement and accuracy. Your personal self defense ammunition ie (hollow points, Glaser, etc) will be used on fresh meat and ballistic gelatin targets only; to analyze the effects of your ammo on the target for effectiveness.
ON THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS, YOU WILL CHECK AND CLEAR YOUR FIREARM BEFORE BRINGING IT INTO THE BUILDING.
ALL FIREARMS WILL BE DOUBLE-CHECKED AND CLEARED BY THE CHIEF FIREARMS INSTRUCTOR BEFORE ENTERING THE CLASSROOM.
NO AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. ANY VIOLATIONS OF FIREARM RULES AND REGULATIONS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL FROM THIS COURSE -