16 Hr State Certified
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
With SCHOOL SHOOTINGS, HOME INVASIONS, CARJACKINGS and RANDOM CRIMES against law abiding citizens on the rise on a daily basis, this course is designed for those who want to learn the basics of firearm handling and personal protection.
NRA Executive Director Wayne La'Pierre said it best:
"The Only Thing That Stops
A Bad Guy With A Gun
Good Guy with a Gun"
I was so
excited and a little nervous about taking this course. I started to cancel
twice! A friend of ours, who is quite comfortable with firearms recommended my
husband and I to seek out Dr. Holifield and I am so happy we did. This course
taught us how to select the best firearm and for me to feel more comfortable
around handguns. I have had previous firearm courses but, this one provided a
great deal of information and training.
Thanks Dr. Holifield, for calming my
fears and teaching me the importance of good firearm training!
This course teaches the basic knowledge, skills and attitude needed for owning and using a firearm safely. Students will learn about firearm parts, operation, basic shooting fundamentals, ammunition, gun safety and handling, selecting a firearm, storage and much more!
This course also covers various types of firearms (i.e., Pistols - single and double action revolvers and semi-automatic). This results in a much broader understanding and knowledge of the firearm types.
STATE CERTIFIED FIREARM INSTRUCTOR
CHIEF EARL SEEGARS
Master Firearms Instructor
State Certified Classroom/Firearms Instructor - CFTR000985
DR. LEONARD HOLIFIELD
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor (Pistol, Rifle & Shotgun)
State Certified Classroom/Firearms Instructor - CFTR001098
Using the NRA training method of (TPI) Total Participant Involvement, this basic course provides hands on learning in the following areas:
Firearm Familiarization (Semi-Auto & Revolver)
Safe Firearm Handling (Rules for Safety)
Firearm Parts and Breakdown (Basic Field Strip & Cleaning)
Selecting the Right Ammunition (Target & Self Defense)
Basic Shooting Fundamentals
Firearm Laws and Licensing
How to Apply for your Georgia Weapons Carry License
Weapon Retention (How to keep your gun from being taken
What To Do After You Someone in Self Defense
Proper Firearm Storage
Practical Live Fire on the Range
Student may bring their own personal firearm (unloaded) with one box of ammunition (50) rounds.
(If you do not own a firearm, one may be rented at the range and ammunition purchased at students expense ).
Certificate Awarded after successful completion of this course.
Contact Chief Earl Seegars at
firstname.lastname@example.org / 770-572-6474 for complete details, training dates and location for this course.
Note: Tell him you were referred by Dr. Holifield.
Need to re-qualify? Contact us Today!
There are two weapon licenses that are issued in Georgia.
(1) A license issued under
GA Code 16-11-129
(Georgia Firearms License or
White Card) - Above, issued to Bond Recovery Agents
and any Citizen wishing to legally carry a firearm for their personal protection. This license
is issued by the Probate Court in your county. The process is
easy and takes about 30 minutes or less.
- Cost: $77.50 (as of 2015)
- Age Requirement: 21
- Valid Drivers License with Correct Physical Address.
- Resident of Georgia.
- Criminal Background Check will be performed by GBI, FBI and Local Authorities.
(2) A license issued under
GA Code 43-38-10 for Armed Security Guards employed by a security agency. This license, also known as the (
Blue Card) is issued by the Georgia Board of Private Detectives and Security Agencies in Macon Georgia. If you are working any type of "Armed Security" you must have this card.
TIPS To Live By
- Guns have only two enemies, Rust and Politicians.
- It's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
- Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
- Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arms length.
- Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off or the shotgun rack!
- The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, at 1400 feet per second the response time of a .357 magnum is nearly instantaneous.
- The most important rule in a gun fight is: Always Win - cheat if necessary - you dictate who fires the first shot!
- Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets... You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it'll be empty.
- If you are in a gun fight:
- Shoot to kill.
- If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
- If you're not loading, you should be moving,
- If you're not moving, you're dead.
- In a life and death situation, do something...It may be wrong, but do something!
- If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you have a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?
- You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much a universal language.
- You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.